Saturday, September 20, 2008

Movie Review: Hellboy 2 - The Golden Army



One of my anticipated films since the trailer came out. Looked to be one helluva an action packed movie with a twist of witty remarks and a lot of humor. As expected, all three were present. But there was an odd feeling that I was watching an M.I.B. (Men in Black) movie rather than a Hellboy sequel. It looked to me that the creatures that they made looked more like aliens rather than mythical beings. One example was the guy with a talking tumor that looked like a baby. Looked like it was straight out of an M.I.B. series. Another thing that I was looking for was when was Hellboy be transformed to his true devil self to unleash his power to save everyone from death kind of scene. I very much liked that part on the first movie. But this time around, he just went bashing away in his normal half-horned self. Anyway, if I was to rate this movie i´d give it 3 out of 5 stars (it could´ve been higher if his devil self made an appearance).

No comments: