Sunday, September 21, 2008

Movie Review: Beowulf

Released in 2007, it´s a full motion capture film directed by Robert Zemeckis (Back to the Future, Forest Gump). A cross of the original epic poem and the one starring Christopher Lambert a few years ago.

What I like about it is some of the scenes ad shots are very much life-like that I sometimes forget that this is not a live action movie. Next is the Angelina Jolie capture (wonder how they scanned her body?), another serving please. The chosen voice actors really fit the part. Rey Winstone really gave Beowulf soul and I happily give two thumbs up for John Malkovich (as Unther), the character really felt conceited.

I really don´t like this sort of films (motion capture) but they are really looking good, almost life-like and very believable but I hope this doesn´t go mainstream. I still want to see real actors playing characters.

No comments: